Louise Mathewson - Author & Poet

"A gem is not polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials." Proverb

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > The New Additions to the Site

Diana

I love the new poems and additions to the site.  The site is absolutely beautiful and so very serene.  The forum is such a wonderful idea.  This is a wonderful place to discuss writing--especially its power to heal and transform.  I've journaled all my life.  I've also written poetry, but I must say that fiction writing is my first love.  All in all, however, each and every form I've used has brought some type of healing.  In my teens and early twenties, I wrote poetry--and of course journaled.  As I got older, I drifted from poetry into fiction writing.  I still write poetry--but not as often as when I was younger. It seems like the correct form, the one I needed at the time, always presented itself to me.  Has anyone else had this experience?

November 16, 2009 at 10:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise

Many thanks abou my site, Diana!  My marketer did an awesome job!  I am glad you like the new poems and additions.  I am currently working on an article about how writing poetry has helped in my healing.  It is hard work, so much more left brain goes into the process and my right side is much stronger, so I love poetry the best, because it goes deep very fast and seems to flow so much easier for me.  I love the power of words to uplift the human spirit, to relieve the human spirit, to empower the human spirit.   I just love words, I guess!

--
January 14, 2010 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Diana

Hey Louise,

I really like the new poems--"Cold Soup," and "Monsoon."  You said you love words--well, it shows.  You're a very talented poet.  Your words paint pictures in my mind.  Take care!

January 19, 2010 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.